Thursday, May 6, 2010

Interview Experience: OE Design

OE Design is a jewelery manufacturer which origin in Germany and set up their manufactory at Bayan Lepas of Penang island. I had applied their management trainee position via jobstreet since their job ad had encouraged finance student to apply for it.

2 weeks after the application, I had been called up for an interview. This is a pleasant interview process as the interviewer, name Ms. Khaw (sound like that...) is a very friendly lady. And throughout the hours, it is more like a conversation than an interview, she keep on asking and giving her view on my education, family, experience and else, the feeling just like a new friend eager to know more about you.

After half hour of interview (conversation), finally come to the main point, she pointed out that after refer to my resume and other information, she decided to let me handle online customer order, which the main responsibility is to inform and assure related department on the jewelery manufactured process run as customer desired (e.g how much gems, diamonds or golds to purchase, what is the design and else) and she explained and answered a lots on the job function to me as details as what I inquired.

Well, following conversation regarding on my job position learned me a lesson, which same mistake had occur in my next interview as well, which make me regret a lots. I had questioned the points which result to her consideration to let me handle the post, which I think that my stupid question had make her feel that I am not interest in the jobs bestowed to me and well actually I am not (at least is acceptable).

And the above question had end up the interview, which Ms. Khaw ask me to consider well and give her my confirmation in following week in friendly tone, where I did not even have any chance to ask further for the remuneration package and other potential benefits. And how can I consider the job post when the most important things, basic salary range~:P, undisclosed to me?

Additionally, this is a one year contract program, and I had considered other possible better job opportunities in near future, therefore, I reject OE Design in manners, and so, this is how my second interview tells.

Coming post will be on my 2 interviews in the same company~:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment